mqdefault

Get Tickets to “Evita”: http://www.broadway.com/shows/evita-broadway/

Simply in time for opening night, we’ve got juicy video clips from the extremely waited for Broadway resurgence of Evita. Click listed below to see Elena Roger (Evita), Ricky Martin (Che) and Michael Cerveris (Juan Peron) in the classic rock opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice on the Marquis Theatre stage. After enjoying this video preview, grab tickets to see the high-flying musical bio of Eva Peron face to face, directed by Michael Grandage.

Evita 2014 Tour Starring Madalena Alberto and Marti Pellow. Enjoy!
Video Rating: 4/ 5

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

50 Responses to “Video Clips: “Evita” on Broadway Starring Ricky Martin, Elena Roger & Michael Cerveris”

1. Jose Lee
    April 1, 2015 at 6:39 pm #

I LOVE Elena Roger. I will always be confused as to why Porgy & Bess beat
    Evita for Best Revival of a Musical. Porgy & Bess was so boring.. everyone
    around me when to sleep. Evita was so good I saw it 4 times!

2. Natalia Estefanía Fernández Kilowatt
    April 1, 2015 at 6:43 pm #
  3. Pero Peric
    April 1, 2015 at 7:42 pm #

In fact i guess that’s true 🙁 . At least we have the music.

4. luvluca toni
    April 1, 2015 at 7:55 pm #

i swear im not exaggerating lol! first row is RIGHT up againsed the
    stage!….he was like 3 feet in front of us the whole time…if it wasnt
    his cologne then he must of jst showered cause every time he past our area
    on stage, we could faintly smell whatever he had on. it was great!! :)))

5. BBM007
    April 1, 2015 at 8:06 pm #

Fantastic!!!

6. Maria Jose H
    April 1, 2015 at 8:51 pm #

This musical was EXCELLENT!

7. funbunn40
    April 1, 2015 at 9:05 pm #

Glad to see Ricky Martin on Broadway and visible again. Loved him on Glee
    and hope to see more of him!

8. will mann
    April 1, 2015 at 9:36 pm #

can’t wait.

9. Pero Peric
    April 1, 2015 at 10:20 pm #

Dancing the night away

10. funbunn40
    April 1, 2015 at 11:05 pm #

You’re English is just fine and Argentina seems like a
    beautiful,musical,wonderful place!

11. Johnny K
    April 1, 2015 at 11:52 pm #

Oh, to explain, cologne tends to produce phlegm in singer’s voices and as
    challenging as the role of Eva is (I directed it) I can’t believe she can
    tolerate it. I, for one, can. I can also perform after consuming dairy but
    there are those more sensative to these things.

12. nvcstage
    April 2, 2015 at 12:02 am #

Well… I was voicing my opinion. I listened to her in Evita NOW, and she
    is better than in 2006. However, in my OPINION, Patti LuPone was the best

13. stephdraco
    April 2, 2015 at 12:25 am #

i wash the play in puerto rico and was excellent!!!!!!

14. Pero Peric
    April 2, 2015 at 12:55 am #

So in argentina people dance and sing in the streets every day. I wanna go
    to argentina 🙂

15. Peter Ger
    April 2, 2015 at 1:12 am #

Loved Elena Roger when i saw her in London Production!!

16. LittleSockMonkey
    April 2, 2015 at 2:03 am #

I’m probably going to get a lot of dislikes for this, but I’m not really
    that huge on Ms. Roger playing the role of Evita. She is an amazing
    actress, but I just don’t really see the Eva in her.

17. Johnny K
    April 2, 2015 at 2:31 am #

You were just exaggerating, right? Please say you were. A professional
    stage actor doesn’t wear cologne during his performance.

18. Vinícius Munhoz Barros Silva
    April 2, 2015 at 2:32 am #

The brazilian production is way better than the broadway one!

19. doorn2012
    April 2, 2015 at 3:01 am #

and boy, does rickys star shine bright… as Che…

20. Brent Norem
    April 2, 2015 at 3:40 am #

Who’s making a big deal about it? It was a simple comment expressing my
    interest in hearing her vocal improvements. You’re the one who replied to
    it acting like you had all of the answers.

21. cheshirecat7584
    April 2, 2015 at 4:39 am #

Elena Roger looks like a unattractive version of Amanda Plummer….. How
    sad.

22. Brian Eduardo
    April 2, 2015 at 4:49 am #

Looks great and Ricky Martin shines… Ms. Rogers is a great star… kicks
    ass with this song…

23. natbaires
    April 2, 2015 at 4:54 am #

che tenorforte, los argentinos hablamos castellano, la diferencia entre
    españa y argentina es el acento. al igual que UK y USA. es lo mismo. todos
    los paises de america que son latinos hablan castellano.

24. EMANUELA PASTORUTTI
    April 2, 2015 at 5:00 am #

Ricky -Che il ++++ bel sorriso e baffo del mondooooo!! exito y MAS EXITO
    RICKY!!!!

25. Sebastián Verón
    April 2, 2015 at 5:25 am #

So happy that this musical have a great success. Because the story of the
    General Peron and Evita deserves all this. It was a love story, between
    them and the entire argentine people, and principally each other. Today, on
    Eva’s 60th death anniversary, I’m glad to say that she got what she
    deserved.

26. Andy Williams
    April 2, 2015 at 5:42 am #

He sounds positively shite..! Ive only ever seen him once before in Witches
    Eastwick, and was actually quite good and a good show. But in this he is
    almost drown out, diction is just terrible. Its another example of a once
    been pop star, cast to pull in audiences, but cant hold up to true stage
    performers. In my opinion – never the two shall mix.

27. Chookas Chookas
    April 2, 2015 at 5:57 am #

Blimey – talk about getting all of the misery right. The loud chorus tenor
    at the beginning isn’t even singing the correct notes. The band is
    mediocre, and Marti Pellow is giving a karaoke performance – but not as
    good

28. jonathanbarshaul
    April 2, 2015 at 6:18 am #

SUCKY SINGING PART 4…US THE CHORUS SINGING WITH CLOTHESPINS ON THEIR
    NOSE. THE ARE TOTALLY NASAL, THEY ARE NOT SINGING FROM THEIR DIAPHRAGM!
    THEY ARE PROBABLY NOT LIFTING THEIR SOFT PALATES, TO INCREASE THE SPACE IN
    THE BACK OF THEIR MOUTHS TO GET A FULL RICH TONE…AND THEY ARE SOMETIMES
    SINGING AND HOLDING CONSONANTS…YOU SING AND HOLD VOWELS! THIS DIRECTOR
    NEEDS TO BE SENT TO A REUNIFICATION CAMP….AND WASH OUT HIS BRAIN TO QUOTE
    MISS SAIGON….PROBABLY MORE TO COME.

29. musicaltheatergeek79
    April 2, 2015 at 7:01 am #

Oh, damn! I was hoping it was a visual.

30. jonathanbarshaul
    April 2, 2015 at 7:58 am #

HORRIBLE VIDEO PART 2…THE ORCHESTRA IS TERRIBLE. THEIR INSTRUMENTS ARE
    NOT TUNED PROPERLY….I.E., THE OPENING OVERTURE HAS ABOUT A DOZEN GLARING
    ERRORS. THE ORCHESTRA AND THE SINGERS ARE NOT IN
    SYNCH….UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH….JUST AWFUL….AND I AM A SEMI-PROFESSIONAL
    SINER AND A PROFESSIONAL PERCUSSIONIST, AND TIMPANIST, WITH PERFECT PITCH,
    SO I AM NOT JUST BLOVIATING….THIS STINKS.

31. massimo lazzari
    April 2, 2015 at 8:01 am #

The best show ever seen. Madalena Alberto is a real star and i hope they
    start a new european tour of this wonderful musical

32. Sam Francis
    April 2, 2015 at 8:20 am #

I was lucky enough to see this tour in Woking – Marti Pellow is, sadly, not
    a great Che. You can see he tries hard, but he’s limelight obsessive and
    his diction is really poor: however it must be said he definitely improved
    as the show went on. Madalena was incredible: simply the best leading lady
    I’ve seen in any show – on OR off West End. Her maturity, energy and the
    way she shows Eva’s decline were vibrant heart-wrenching, and her voice is
    unmatched. Overall, a very good tour – and I WILL be going to the Dominion
    to see it again.

33. MightyDesperado
    April 2, 2015 at 9:11 am #

I figured, ‘Marti Pellow can’t be that bad… Yet his actual voice seems
    like it could be a good Che, but he’s doing something weird with it that
    doesn’t really work.

34. Hey I'm jade
    April 2, 2015 at 9:50 am #

The is the shots I was in, in Peterborough. I heard me as the child
    soloist. I met Marti pellow.

35. TheRealEvaPeron
    April 2, 2015 at 10:43 am #

Thank you for taking the time to upload. I only wish I could see the
    acting on stage but I can imagine it to be breathtaking!

36. jonathanbarshaul
    April 2, 2015 at 11:28 am #

ABOMINABLE MESS PT.3 CHE SUCKS….I WOULDN’T HAVE HIM SING AT A CANARIES
    FUNERAL…I HAVE PLAYED CHÉ…YOU NEED SOME PISSED OFFEDNESS TO PLAY THST
    ROLE. YOU NEED SOME CHUTZPAH, SOME CAJONES, HIS SINING IS MORE LIKE I’D
    CAST AS MIGALDI…BUT THIS {SIGH} IS LAMENTABLE AT BEST. IF I HAD SEEN THIS
    LIVE, I WOULD HAVE LEFT IN THE FIRST 5 MINUTES, AND REQUESTED MY MONEY
    BACK….PROBABLY MORE TO COME….

37. Sharon Young
    April 2, 2015 at 11:31 am #

I thought Marti Pellow was fantastic.

38. Victor Meldrew
    April 2, 2015 at 12:29 pm #

Saw this the past Saturday matinee. Pellow is so poor it’s untrue. I’ve now
    seen him in Jekyll and Hyde, Evita, The Witches of Eastwick and Blood
    Brothers and The War of the Worlds and he seems to be getting worse and
    worse.

He just seems to bloody turn up in everything :(

39. MissLovesit
    April 2, 2015 at 12:30 pm #

when was this filmed?
    its just i was in the show!

40. ian doolan
    April 2, 2015 at 1:29 pm #

Just saw Madalena Alberto play Eva in Evita the musical on Sunday Night at
    the Palladium on ITV. Her voice isnt very good and not suited for this
    role atall. some of her notes were very dodgy and she doesnt have any stage
    presence. dont know who cast her in this role but bad choice she isnt good
    and her voice isnt strong enough.

41. jonathanbarshaul
    April 2, 2015 at 2:02 pm #

OH…BUT IT’S SAD WHEN A MUSICAL DIES…WHICH MEANS…FIRE THE CAST
    DIRECTOR ORCHESTRA….I WOULD RATER BE AT A SLAYER CONCERT WITH
    YANNI/SINEAD O’CONNOR AND ENYA SINGING BACKUP VOCALS…THAN THIS
    DEBACLE….UGH

42. operathephantom
    April 2, 2015 at 2:35 pm #

God, Pellow really is terrible.

43. K Goodwin
    April 2, 2015 at 2:42 pm #

I went to see this tour and I may be in the minority but I thought Marti
    Pellow was the worst che i’ve ever seen. His voice just doesn’t suit the
    role. Madalena was FABULOUS and made up for the below-par Che. You really
    believe her journey from a 15 year old girl to an ill 30-something woman,
    incredible. Plus the whole cast (peron, magaldi and chorus) were amazing,
    so energetic.

44. Kirsty Jones
    April 2, 2015 at 3:19 pm #

I love it I seen this in Cardiff I love madalena

45. londongirl1675
    April 2, 2015 at 3:57 pm #

I thought Pellow was average, but Madelena blew me away. She was just
    marvellous. I also really liked the Peron and thought they were very
    believable together. I saw Elena Roger in the London run some years ago and
    was a bit disappointed. After having wanted to see this show for such a
    long tine, her Eva left me cold. Madelena played the role exactly the way I
    had expected Roger to play it. Supe excited this production is doing a
    stint in the west end.

46. Emily Brown
    April 2, 2015 at 4:22 pm #

I was in this show

47. Paige Lee
    April 2, 2015 at 5:10 pm #

I can’t see anything, just hear it

48. Evita Reviews
    April 2, 2015 at 5:27 pm #

Thanks for uploading. I love this production; Madalena is superb!

49. supercruiser24
    April 2, 2015 at 6:18 pm #

Saw this when it was in Canterbury, wasnt overly impressed with Mr Pellow
    but was a good evening out.

50. Miroslav Zukerstein